DIY: Mothers’ Day Foot Soak
1. Add a cup of Epsom salts and your fresh ingredients to your basin, fill it up with warm water. Stir the mixture until the Epsom salts are dissolved. At this stage, you can also add a few drops of sweet almond oil to help moisturize. Peppermint, lemon, and rose petals are all known for their revitalizing and refreshing properties. Use a handful each of rose and peppermint leaves, and a few rounds of fresh lemon. If you don’t have fresh ingredients at home, or if you want to enhance the scent of the soak, you can add essential oils instead.
2. Vintage French Enamel Basin; $40 from Sissidavril. There are similar options on Etsy.
3. A fringed Khadi Cotton Towel with blue-and-white checks is $12 from Monas Creation via Etsy.
4. A good foot soak lasts for at least 20 minutes. When you’re done soaking, strain the water and compost the herbal materials. Now, that felt good, didn’t it?
FIVE INVENTIVE DIYS THAT HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEADBOARD
1. peg board; 2. vintage window; 3. tape; 4. wood panels; and, 5. carpet